Monday, August 9, 2010

Obama Love!

This past weekend I met a guy who referred to me as Obama every time he spoke (since obviously Barack and I look so much alike).  I've heard him referred to as "America's president but Africa's son."  With that in mind, I have never felt so loved as an American as I do over here in Africa.  So while Obama's popularity continues to plummet back in the states, on African soil he is more popular than ever.  Here are a few photos that show his never-ending love from Africa. 

A popular beach in Cotonou last year

He gets steets named after him...

very official looking streets!

As well as bars

Let's not forget about keeping him close to home

 He is a clothing staple over here

and finally, my all time favorite kids in Kpalime being protected by the one and only!
Only in Africa..... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment