Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A weekend at Wli Falls

For all of my non-facebook blog followers (i.e: mom and dad) I thought I'd post a few photos from my latest African adventure.  Five of us headed over the border recently to neighboring Ghana to see the biggest falls West Africa has to offer.  They were amazing.  But there was more than just the falls.  My favorite part of the weekend was camping out on the mountain with just our tents, the fire and the open sky. You don't get views like that every day! The next morning after camping we embarked on a six hour hike to get to both the upper and lower Wli falls with our guide Alfonz, as he macheted his way through the bush for us.  It was a great way to finish off my time in West Africa and definitely a trip to remember.  Here are a few of my favorites: 

Let the adventure begin


   Taking in the sunset after the hike to the campground

Race you to the top!


After a tough climb in the sweltering humidity

Definitely worth it!

You can see the rest of the photos from my weekend here

No comments:

Post a Comment